Surviving Widowhood with Writing, Reading, Soccer and Bilingualism

My dear, soccer-playing, profoundly Christian, Colombian husband died in 2005, leaving me with two beautiful boys, Gabriel, 15, and Mario, 13, to raise. As I mourn my husband's loss, I am looking for balance. I need to work as a writer, be a good mother/father, play and teach my sons Spanish!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, Pennyslvania, United States

I'm the author of 16 books for children. The latest are What's It Like to Be Shakira and What's It Like to Be Marta (both bilingual).Others are biographies of Dolores Huerta, Americo Paredes, and the Brazilian soccer player Ronaldinho. My books are published by Mitchell Lane (wwww.mitchelllane.com) and are available through Amazon at my website. Just Click on my profile and then click on my website.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10/10/06
Publishing Excitement!
Today I received an e-mail containing the 112 proof pages for my upcoming biography of Carl Sandburg. What excitement! It was strange seeing something I wrote so long ago (last winter) all type-set and almost ready to be published. Returning to Carl Sandburg's world of biography, politics, poetry and music for a day -- even if it was just to write a two-page index, was a pleasure. And writing the nice comments from by editor, "Your sidebars are really terrific," was also a nice boost. The amazing part was that I did manage to write the whole index despite Gabo (11) being home sick. He was just nauseas most of the day. It wasn't until the late afternoon that I sat on the floor of the bathroom with him as he painfully vomited. He seems to be better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home